OHLNetwork Content Manager
The OHLNetwork site is hiring for a content manager. The position is currently volunteer, but it is our hope that with your help we will be able to monetize the site within a year.
Through working for this site, several of our employees have made valuable connections and gained writing and communication-related experience.
- First and foremost a passion for hockey and the OHL.
- Previous writing experience
- Editing experience and experience with AP Sports Writing style.
- Knowledge of hockey, specifically the OHL
- Ability to manage and motivate a group of writers
- Innovativeness to stick out in an area of Canada where OHL content can sometimes struggle to get the attention it should.
- Good standing with OHL member clubs and the league in general. This is necessary as you develop relations with teams and continue to extend our reach as far as press access to cover games and events.
- Ability to be professional and require professionalism from your writers. We believe one of the things that set us apart is our ability to cover both teams playing in the game and all teams in the league.
This site has already developed strong connections with many OHL teams and the league office as well. We want someone who is driven to build on this further. We have found great success with our DUBNetwork.ca site and believe there is just as much if not more growth opportunity in the OHL.
Setting a standard schedule and pitching in when needed. We believe the best leaders set a good example and stick by a schedule they set for themselves as well and contribute a large number of articles.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
The following markets are currently available as well as a writer for NHL draft prospects and OHL draft prospects. If you have an idea you’d like to share, get in touch! We are open to new and exciting ideas!
Sault Ste. Marie
We also have an opening for someone interested in doing Game-day previews.