Want to Be a Part of Covering an OHL Hockey Team??
Through working for this site, several of our employees have made valuable connections and gained writing and communication-related experience with some being employed in OHL hockey roles.
- First and foremost a passion for hockey and the OHL.
- Previous writing experience is an asset
- Knowledge of hockey, specifically the OHL
- Ability and desire to personally communicate with OHL member clubs and the league in general. This is necessary as you develop relations with teams and continue to extend our reach as far as press access to cover games and events.
- A commitment to professionalism is a must and to be accountable for your work and all those involved in the game. We believe one of the things that set us apart is our ability to cover both teams playing in the game incorporating all teams in the league.
- Must be able to independently operate and be pro-active in your role
- Through professional conduct and mutual benefit, our established staff have had the ability to acquire media passes for inside coverage and attend non-local events including Top-Prospects Game, Team Canada World Junior Camp and the CHL/Russia Superseries as some examples.
This site has already developed strong connections with many OHL teams and the league office as well. We have found great success with our DUBNetwork.ca site and believe there is just as much if not more growth opportunity in the OHL.
The following markets are currently available as well as a writer for NHL draft prospects and OHL draft prospects. If you have an idea you’d like to share, get in touch! We are open to new and exciting ideas!
Sault Ste. Marie
We also have an opening for someone interested in doing Game-day previews or Monthly League updates (eg. Rookies, Scoring Races, Top Goaltenders… etc.)
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you are interested.